Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Blog 3




Halloween is one of my favorite holiday because I love scary things, especially horror movies. Every time a new horror movie comes out I have to see it. Since Halloween was last week I decided to go to the movies and see the new movie Annabelle that came out at Clifton Park Regal Cinema. When Annabelle first came out I didn’t really want to see it because I figured it would be like many of the bad scary movies, where it’s suspenseful throughout the movie then at the very end it gets moderately scary, and then it ends. But my boyfriend’s sister’s boyfriend said he saw it and it scared him shitless, so I had to go see it. Also this movie was a prequel to the movie The Conjuring, which is one of my favorite horror movies.  A few days before Halloween I went to see it with a group of my friends. The movie was basically about a doll that was possessed and haunted a family, and the family couldn't get away from this doll. The movie was pretty boring and kind of suspenseful for the first hour, and the last 20 minutes (the ending) was extremely predictable and, like a said it would be, moderately scary. The ending had a “happy ending” and at the very, very end, tied into the movie The Conjuring. When it comes to scary movies I do not prefer happy endings, for me it ruins the scary aspect of the movie. The movie Annabelle was exactly how I thought it would be, predictable. Maybe I just don’t get scared as easily as other people do from movies (apparently like my boyfriend’s sister’s boyfriend). If you’re someone that gets scared easily then I recommend seeing this movie, but if you’re like me and don’t, then I recommend you wait until another horror movie comes out.



1 comment:

  1. I also went to see the movie Annabelle in theatres when it first came out, and I couldn’t agree more. When I knew that it tied into The Conjuring, I was expecting it to be amazing but it was far from it. Also I agree when you said that everything was predictable, because there wasn’t a scene in that movie that you the watcher wasn’t ready for and knew was coming. In my opinion it was a big waste of time.

    ReplyDelete